White discharge is most often a regular and normal occurrence. However, if the discharge is profuse and is foul-smelling, then it could be abnormal.
If you see a white discharge before and after the menstrual bleeding then we can consider it normal, but if the discharge is accompanied by itchiness and has an altered consistency, then it is time to see the doc!
What Causes Vaginal Discharge?
Normal vaginal discharge is a regular body function to maintain a healthy vagina. But if the normal balance of the healthy bacteria in your vagina is upset, then changes in discharge can occur. Several things can disturb the fine balance of a healthy vagina :
- Feminine hygiene sprays
- Washing or cleaning out the inside of the vagina with water or other mixtures of fluids
- Certain soaps
- Bacterial and Protozoal infections
- Fungal Infections
- Use of birth control pills
- Emotional stress
Keep abnormal white discharge at bay
To prevent abnormal white discharge:
- Don’t wash or clean the inside of the vagina
- Keep foaming and scented soaps away from your vulva.
- Be diligent about using protection with your sexual partners.
An abnormal white discharge-free environment is a normal environment.
When to seek medical help?
If you have unusual vaginal discharge alongside certain other symptoms, see Meddo partner gynecologists near you as soon as possible. The signs to watch out for include:
- Smelly discharge
- Burning in or around your vagina
- Swelling and pain around the vulva
- Frequent urination
If you have any concerns regarding whether a white discharge is normal or not, make an appointment to see a lady doctor near you instantly using Meddo App, download the app now.